Here are the Top 7 Reasons to Use Essential Oils according to my favorite chiropractor, Dr. Jim Bob Haggerton:
- They bypass digestion
- They work whether your gut is functioning well or not
- They go straight to circulation because the molecules are so small (small enough to cover your cells over 400,000x!)
- They can help raise your body’s frequency
- Every living thing has a frequency because it is in constant vibration
- Frequencies want to harmonize, and oils that have a frequency that aligns with certain organs will help support those organs
- A healthy body has an overall frequency between 62-72MHz, and if it drops below that, the immune systems starts to become compromised.
- Essential Oils have the highest frequencies of any natural substance, ranging from 52-580MHz. The higher the frequency, the quicker it helps your body get back to a healthier frequency
- They are the “life blood” of the plant
- Essential oils circulate within a plant as it grows to help support the health and vitality of the plant
- It functions much like our own blood as it circulates within our bodies and thus when used for personal health, they can provide similar support within our own bodies
- They have multiple applications
- One oil can be used for multiple purposes. For example, see All About Lavender
- You also cannot be allergic to essential oils, only hypersensitive.
- They are fat soluble
- This means the oil gets sucked into the skin instantly
- They are adaptogenic
- Oils will go where your body needs support
- Because every body is different and every body needs different support, some oils will work differently for some than others
- They cross the blood/brain barrier
- The blood/brain barrier protects your brain from toxins
- Heavy metals can cross the barrier because they are big and heavy (thus the dangers of lead and mercury)
- Essential Oils cross because they are so tiny and can thus penetrate and support every layer of protection the body has against outside attacks.